Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Nope!


No, no baby yet. STILL waiting. Here is what I have learned from this experience:

What DOESN'T work to induce labor: walking, stairs, spicy food, rubbing pressure points (I have bruises people!), bedroom fun :), walking the curb (I tripped last night doing that), relaxing, cleaning and scrubbing, taking care of three 5 year olds all day long, the trots, getting my membranes stripped, losing the plug, etc. etc. You get the point. The only thing I have NOT tried and I WON'T try is castor oil. Sorry folks. That sounds worse than being pregnant another week!

What DOES work: No stinking clue. Still waiting to figure that one out. I have EVERY labor symptom except the most important. Consistent contractions. I'll keep you updated on what does work when it works!

2 comments:

Amy A. said...

I am telling you.... cook some scrambelled eggs. put a tablespoon of castrol oil in them as you are cooking them.... lots of Salt & Pepper!! it really is not that bad!! PROMISE.

or, mix it in with Orange Juice or Root Beer. Use a straw and just gulp!

I have taken it and it works!!

Ms. said...

eek I wouldn't try the castor oil either I wasn't that desperate. It gives you diharrea and that release of bowels is supposed to help relax everything else and help you into labor--agh!

If you get desperate you can try nipple stimulation. Lots of granola people swear by it