Friday, January 25, 2008

Things I hate.....

I don't hate many things, (I'm a lover, not a hater!), but here are the things I do hate:

*JANUARY! It is such a let down month after the last three with great holidays! It is always so darn cold that we are confined to the house! We are always sick! Three of us went to the doctor last week!

*DIAPERS! Especially diapers on bums that are almost four years old! I've decided to remedy this a little and start with Aspen AGAIN next week on the potty training. Hopefully 4 days will do the trick. If not, she'll have to have a pull up during preschool hours and we will immediately resume afterwards.

*POOP! Poor Connor. Poor Us. He's been on laxatives for a year, but the kid still is afraid to push out a poo. So, we end up changing diapers all day that have a little smear in them because he holds it in. Any suggestions on how to remedy this would be great! At their 4 year check up, I am going to insist that the doctors do something. Can't stand it much longer!

That's all folks! Not too bad. Like I said, I'm a lover, not a hater!

5 comments:

Keri said...

Oh, Karen, I do wish you the best with potty training. I don't know how it would be to have 3 to do at the same time. At least Brooke is done, right? Wish I had some suggestions on Connor... On a positive note, January will take care of itself, no need to fret over that one!

Carrie said...

Karen have you tried mineral oil with Connor? My kids don't have poo issues, but my visitin teachers were discussing it. There are also perscription drugs, I dunno... maybe you've already tried those things? Good luck!

Annie and Berkeley said...

I totally agree with the January bit. As for the diapers and the poop, I am sure my time will come...can't hardly wait...

Tammy said...

ok...so Broc had a problem with holding it because he was embarrassed. He would go and hide in the corner or else he wouldn't get a good poo. Try putting him in the bathroom with the door mostly closed to see if he feels more comfortable. Maybe not a laxative, but a softener to make them slide out a little easier. Sounds like he poos fine it just might hurt??

The Valentine Fam said...

Hi Karen...
I just found your blog through some blog hopping! It seems like foerver since we were VT partners. I truely feel for you and Connor. Lucas struggles a lot with constipation. He goes, but it's a hundred times a day...little each time! I just visited the dr this week about the issue. He put him on Miralax 3 times a day until he has diarrhea for two days. Not looking forward to those days, but oh well. He was on two times. Hopefully that will help out. You've probably tried everything, but thought I'd share.

Katie Valentine