Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Get Mad or Laugh?

With 3 three year olds, I get easily frustrated. (Which is something I work on every day!) Sometimes I wonder if I should have laughed instead of getting angry. This morning was the perfect example. Dave didn't get home until 1:00 am last night and I had a hard time sleeping due to a cough. We heard the kids wake up around 6:30 and told them to play in their rooms or watch the Disney Channel downstairs so we could get a little more rest. I finally got up about 8:15 and went downstairs to get the kids breakfast. I walk into the kitchen and all 3 kids are huddled around a kitchen chair where there is a dumped out bottle of red sugar sprinkles. Their hands and faces are red from eating it and there were sprinkles everywhere! I didn't yell, but I firmly told them that what they did was wrong and proceeded to wash them off. As I was washing off Connor's face, I wished that I would have laughed instead of talking sternly and taken a picture! It was so funny! I guess this is my life lesson for today. I am going to start laughing more at the funny things my kids do instead of getting angry.

3 comments:

Keri said...

I can just picture the three of them doing that & yes, it does seem funny. I'm guessing I would have done the same thing, though. Thanks for the motherly reminder.

Merri Hackett said...

That's nothing one morning I caught Wes doing that. :)

Tammy said...

sometimes you just can't help getting mad, or the other way around! My kids have done very similar things of course and you just gotta roll with it. Just remember it could have been something worse right? Funny, but not funny , right?