Monday, November 12, 2007

Amy


Last Thursday, a great friend from Oklahoma, Amy, was in Salt Lake for a conference. We got together and had dinner at the Melting Pot. ( By the way, so Good and fun!) Anyway, it had been 6 years since we had seen each other and had a great time catching up on each other's lives. We were at the restaurant for 3 hours just talking and didn't realize that so much time had gone by. I was best friend's with Amy's sister Machelle. Sadly, Machelle was killed in a car accident our freshman year of college, but I still keep in contact with her family because I love them all so much! Machelle and I had lots of private jokes together and one of them was calling Amy, Daisy. Not sure where it came from. But one Thanksgiving we were at a family party of Machelle's and we locked Amy in the bathroom. (Actually that one was all Machelle, but I went along.) And every Thanksgiving I think of Amy and Machelle. So it was really great to see Amy. As I visited with her, I could see so much of Machelle in her. It made me so happy. Well, Amy has grown so much and I am so proud of her. And I know that Machelle would be proud of our Daisy too! For the Pagetts, "Wow. That was deep!"

No comments: