Saturday, January 28, 2012

Baby Alex is 9 months old!


I can hardly believe my baby is already this old. Where has the time gone? He is a healthy boy weighing in at 18.2 pounds and he is tall at 27 3/4 inches. He is in the 15th percentile for weight and the 30th for height. He loves to sit and play with toys and loves to be held. He is my snuggle bug. He still is nowhere near crawling or pulling himself to stand. But I haven't minded not having to chase him and Owen around the house so I am really in no hurry for him to be mobile. He loves to eat! He is eating solids 3 times a day and just scarfs it down! He also likes Fruit Puffs and is trying to figure out how to pick it up and put it in his mouth. He can't get those fists open. :) And my little guy has 2 new sharp teeth in his mouth.

And I know they are sharp because I have been bitten by them a few times! Youch! But the sad news is that I think he is finished nursing. He used to eat on both sides at all feedings. But for the past week he has only been eating on one side and either biting me on the other side or completely turning away. And this morning, he wouldn't have anything to do with it. I have been crying all morning. He is my last baby and I am so sad for him to be done. I am going to try again after his nap but it looks as if I will be pumping for the next 3 months and he will have a bottle. I really don't want to do formula. It really makes me sad.


I love this baby so much and I am so grateful to be his mommy. My heart just bursts with love at the thought of him. Thanks Alex for coming to our family and for being my little snuggle bug. I love you!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Hey Karen, maybe this is more than you wanted to know but my little guy stopped eating on one side around 8 months but still nursed until he was 2! it just dried up on the other side. We finally had to cut him off because he was getting too old. So, don't give up hope yet! I know no one is the same but there's a possibility...