Saturday, January 28, 2012

Owen is so BIG!

My sweet little Owen is not so little anymore. For the past couple of weeks he has been doing this:

Yep! He uses the toilet! He kept wanting to sit on the big potty but would never do anything but we got tired of holding him on it. So we pulled down the little one and he got so excited. He knew it was just for him. He sat on it for 30 minutes that first day. The next day he woke up and his diaper was dry so I told Dave to put him on the potty and within a few minutes he peed! He was so excited! He threw his little fists into the air, jumped up and down, and yelled, "yay, O-O" (Which is what he calls himself.) It was adorable. That day we went and bought him some Cars 2 undies and some M&M's. And he has been using the potty since. :) He has had accidents and he still doesn't like to poop in the potty even though he did do it once. But it's amazing to me! I hadn't planned on even attempting potty training until he was 3 but I guess he was ready. What is really funny was that I was at the store 2 days before buying 2 boxes of diapers and I thought to myself, "It'll be so nice when I only have to buy one box." So, there you go. The power of thought and a very independent little boy. Good Job Owen!

No comments: