Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween

We had such a great Halloween this year. Last Monday for FHE, we carved our pumpkins. (Well, I carved them because Dave was playing in his soccer tournament.) This year Connor and Brooke dug right into their pumpkins and pulled the guts out! They are so brave! Aspen on the other hand wasn't. I stuck her hand in with mine a couple of times to show her it was okay, but she just screamed. So, I finally gave her a long handled spoon and she dug out her pumpkin that way. I ended up carving 5 pumpkins total. Mickey Mouse, the Rose from Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, a vampire going to bite a girls neck, and a funny face. We also ate bugs and slime for a treat. (Bug graham crackers and green vanilla pudding!) The kids loved it.

We also had parties at preschool. We played Bingo, decorated bags, did a candy toss, and ate good snacks!

The girls also had a Halloween party at their dance class. They got to wear their costumes, do a Halloween dance, share candy, and have lots of fun.

Halloween day was a big one. I made orange pumpkin pancakes for breakfast and I made spider sandwiches for lunch. They were delicious and huge! The kids loved them.
Later, we went to Dave's work to trick or treat and see all of the fun decorations. It was so much more crowded this year than previous years, but it was still great. They had a jewel quest, a large Candyland game, a super hero section, the Wizard of Oz, a BYU/UofU football field, and many more fun places.

Finally, we came home and the kids trick or treated around the neighborhood with Dave. I stayed home and passed out candy. We had so many trick-or-treaters. The most since we've lived here. I loved it. I also made a Halloween 7 Layer Dip that Dave and I dug into while the kids were chowing on their candy. It was really a fun, busy, day!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I made pumpkin pancakes, too! The spider sandwiches look awesome! You guys did a lot. I love Halloween, but some years it feels like the busiest day of the year!

Kristin said...

Karen, you are the best, most festive, fun mom! I aspire to be like you. I'm glad you had a fun Halloween that looked like it lasted ALL day! And did I say before I loved those costumes? So cute!