Sunday, February 17, 2008

Karen News


Here is my latest news:

*I finally went and got my hair done. I got it highlighted, trimmed, and bangs cut. This was my Valentines present. I love the way it turned out. Dave's cousin Julie does a great job. I wish that I could afford to get it done every 2 months. I'll just have to stick to every 6 for now though.

*Aspen is taking much longer than expected to get totally potty trained. I have to do laundry every other day due to her frequent accidents. Someone please say that this will get easier and that she will stop having accidents every day more than once? I don't know when I'll start on Connor yet. I'm not ready to do that much laundry and clean up that much human waste!

*I am officially a substitute now in Nebo School District! I need to substitute to get licensure points to keep my teaching license current. I am really excited to do this! Preschool has helped me to not miss teaching so much, but it's different being in a school rather than at my own home. I am so excited to sub. My first job will be this Thursday for a teacher that I taught with at Wilson.

10 comments:

Keri said...

Nice that you can sub. My mom (not a teacher) has been subbing for nearly 20 years. Crazy! Your hair looks great, too. But I already told you that. :)

Carrie said...

Cute do girl! And how fun to sub. What do you do with the triplets?

Carrie said...

And on potty training, yes it will get better. I promise. Hang in there. Have you ever met a kindergartener who wasn't potty trained??

One thing I did with Lainey was get a kitchen timer (I've heard of people clipping them to pants... Lainey couldn't leave the buttons alone, so we didn't go that route) and set it for every 30 minutes and when it beeped she HAD to go sit on the potty. The longer she went without going, the shorter I made the time. But I always made her try when she got up and just started from whatever time that was. I also considered giving her a treat for TRYING to go when the timer beeped at her, and a bigger treat for actually going (2 m&ms for going, 1 for trying). Just an idea.

Tammy said...

way to go on the Haircut. I never got a chance to tell you that you looked HOT today at church! Wooh! you go girl! Potty Training sucks!, 'nough said there. I hate it. Bailey is moving, but not fast either. Connor can wait until just before kindergarten right?

~~heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~~heather said...

Your hair is darling! As were your kidlets yesterday! I so enjoy sitting behind you guys in church...for 3 kids the same age...they are very well behaved at church! My little one that age makes me want to pull my hair out most days! He has been the hardest one for me! Any who...LOVE you hair...and tell your hubby thanks for letting my son drive his car on his back during sacrament meeting...*blush*

Tammy said...

tag you're it, check out my blog to see what to do!

Balagna Bunch said...

Karen, You look great! What a fun Valentines day. I love keeping up to date on the Grant happenings. I am trying to get Annie to start one but she is too busy!

Annie and Berkeley said...

Karen! Have fun teaching again in the elementary school! That will be awesome. Maybe I will see you sometime. My student teaching this semester will be for the Nebo school district. Also, I love your hair!! So cute! Good luck with Aspen.

Ms. said...

I love your hair! It always feels good to get it done. Like, oh I am not just a frumpy mama!