Friday, August 7, 2009

What We've Been Up To

It's been a while, but we've been busy! Here's what we've been up to.


In July, Dave, the kids, and his family went camping up in the Uintahs. I obviously opted out this year due to being 8 months pregnant. When they left on the 21st, Dave and Brooke were still sporting colds, but went anyway. So, when I get a call the next day from Dave, I assumed they were coming home. Turns out, they were in Evanston leaving the ER. Aspen was fishing and ended up with a fish hook in her eyelid! It went in through the inside of her eyelid. She rode all the way to Evanston (1 hour) with a hook in her eye. And she fell asleep! I am so glad I wasn't there. I would have been freaking out. She is fine now and you can hardly tell there was a hook there. It was a miracle that her eye was not damaged in any way. Other than that experience they had a good time fishing, canoeing, and being in the mountains.


While they were away, my neighbor and painting buddy Merri came over and we painted the baby's room a cute green. I am so excited and ready for this baby to come.


On the 25th, we had the annual Chapple family swimming party. The kids loved it! They are really learning to swim, thanks to their awesome swim teacher Tynelle. Unfortunately, it was cloudy which made for some chilly kids. And I didn't go down the slide! Next year!




The next weekend in July, Dave and our neigbhor Wes headed back to the Uintahs for a backpacking trip. They hiked and did lots of fishing. Dave absolutely loved it. He'll have to write more details himself later.



I have also finally finished my Pooh cross stitch to go in the baby's room! It only took 6 years! But I love it!


The other exciting news is that we bought a recliner for me! I am so excited to have it! I think it will make taking care of a baby in the middle of the night much easier. I wish that I would have had it with the triplets!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I love the recliner! Looks so comfy. You will live in that thing! Also I'm so proud of you for finishing that cross-stitch...that project has some serious love in it! Have that baby already, will you?? :)

Ms. said...

so comfy and yes it will be awesome at night and during the day and sometimes every hour

Tammy said...

I still can't believe she got a hook in her eye without any permanent injury! crazy!

Maren said...

Wow, I am so glad that Aspen's eye is ok. That is crazy, how did she do that?

The baby's room looks great. I can't wait to meet the littlest Grant. You will have to let us know when "it" arrives!