Monday, June 22, 2009

All About Dave


Hiking up to the Grotto on his birthday.

Dave's 30th birthday was on the 20th and Father's Day was the next day, so here is a post dedicated to him. 30 things about my man:
1. Dave was a late talker. All he said was, "Eee" and then would point to things. His Grandma Grant thought he should get checked out. She thought he was "mentally challenged."
2. Dave walked before he crawled.
3. One time as a kid, Dave spent too long outside on his big wheel. He got such a bad sunburn that his eyes were swollen almost shut!
4. He has always been a happy person.
5. He lived in Magna until he was in 5th grade when he moved to Centerville.
6. He is the 2nd of 7 kids.
7. Because of his wonderful Dad, Dave LOVES anything outdoors. Camping, fishing, hiking, backpacking. You name it, he's done it all. And he's good at it too.
8. Last year, Dave's backpacking trip was to King's Peak. It is the highest point in Utah. Yes, he hiked it and ended up with some wicked blisters, but he loved it!
9. He has never broken a bone.
10. Dave had his first and only cavities (small ones) at the age of 22.
11. Dave likes to collect spoons just like little old ladies.
12. He plays piano wonderfully! Now we just need a piano!
13. He HATES haunted houses and movies that make him jump.
14. He is a packrat. He can't get ride of anything. This drives his wife crazy!
15. Dave is most definitely a computer nerd. Yes it's his job, which is great, but sometimes he programs at home for fun!
16. The smell of skunk doesn't bother him. In fact, when I say, "Ew.. skunk." and try to plug my nose, he inhales as deeply as he can. Weird.
17. He is a t-shirt and jeans kind of guy. Nothing fancy for him.
18. He does the dishes for me all the time.
19. Dave served a mission in Porto, Portugal. He is now teaching the kids some Portuguese. They love it.
20. Every 6 months, Dave has to go see the Dermatologist to get his moles checked. He has at least 1 removed every time.
21. Believe it or not, Dave is a shy guy when you first meet him. When you get to know him that's when his great personality comes through.
22. If you ever go to a movie with us, you'll notice that Dave laughs the loudest out of anyone else at the theater.
23. He likes to read.
24. He only snores when he is on his back. I wake him up and tell him to roll over.
25. He used to listen to and love classic rock. I'm glad he's out of that faze.
26. Everyone comments on how much Dave looks like Owen Wilson. Dave's hotter though. No broken nose.
27. He also looks like Shaggy with long hair.
28. He loves to play and watch soccer. Definitely his sport of choice. Although he loves all Sports.
29. Dave is the best husband ever. He is so good to me. He made me the happiest girl April 28, 2001.
30. Dave is also the best dad ever! His kids adore him. They want their Daddy to do things with them all the time. I have to fight for his attention!

We love you Dave. Thanks for being the wonderful person that you are!

7 comments:

Lily said...

Happy Birthday Dave! Karen the video below this post was so funny I chocked on my water laughing :)

Merri Hackett said...

happy b-day Dabe. At first I thought his cake said BO. Then I thought it said 80 and I realized the candles were playing mind games with me. :) My mom collects spoons ha ha she's a little old lady. :)

Tiffanie said...

Haha! Happy Birthday Dave! I forgot you served in Porto! I'm writing one of my friends and he's in the Porto mission too! He loves it!
and Karen...I miss you! So basically I need to come visit soon! :)

Hupp Family said...

He collects spoons? My mom does that. That is hilarious! You learn something new everyday.

Scott and Jen Burrahm said...

Happy Birthday Dave!!!
Don't be to worried about the spoons, everyone loves spoons otherwise we could never eat soup. I think it's awesome!!!
And how cute is the 30 things about Dave, I learned so much....you guys are so cute. I hope you enjoyed your fun days, happy birthday and happy daddy day!

Tammy said...

Happy Birthday Dave! That was a nice post. I can't believe you can sunburn that bad. and spoons? what's up with that? not very outdoorsy :)

Ms. said...

20. Every 6 months, Dave has to go see the Dermatologist to get his moles checked. He has at least 1 removed every time.

hehe this is my favorite!