Sunday, October 28, 2007

Trunk or Treat!


(our neighbor) Kamrie, Brooke, Aspen, Connor

Belle, Cinderella, and Da'gum trunk or treating.

Connor, Kamrie, Brooke, Aspen, Bailee, Broc, and Conner

This is a Utah church tradition for those of you who don't know. People from our church drive over to the church parking lot and park their cars with the trunks facing out. The kids walk from trunk to trunk getting candy. It is fun and not a whole lot of walking for a good amount of candy. With the help of my friend Bekah, we got all the kids dressed up and looking cute. Everytime the kids went to a new car, Brooke would say, "I'm Belle." Aspen would say, "I'm Cinderella." Connor would say, "I'm Da'gum." (This is what he calls Lightning McQueen even though Mater says it in the movie.) When we got home, the kids asked if they could eat all of their candy. They are going to be on a sugar high for the next month I fear. It was a fun night.

1 comment:

Keri said...

Your kids are so cute! And they seem so sweet, too. Hey, I first heard of trunk or treating in NM (after I was grown), but it's likely that someone from UT brought the tradition down with them. Kinda a funny tradition, but if it keeps the kids safe...or, is it more for the parents' convenience? Not sure.