Monday, June 2, 2008

My 5K


I ran my first 5k on Memorial Day. It was the first one in like 8 or 9 years. I had been training for it and I was hoping that I could do it in like 26 minutes. But that didn't happen. First of all it was cold and rainy. Second of all, the entire second mile and most of the third mile was all uphill. I wasn't prepared for that. I finished in 29 minutes. Not bad. I'm still happy with it. But the 4th of July 5k in Centerville I will run in 26 minutes or less--I promise.

4 comments:

Annie and Berkeley said...

What's three extra minutes?! Way to go! You have worked really hard.

Merri Hackett said...

You can do it Karen you can you can, you can do it Karen, YOU CAN! Just bringing back my old cheer leading days!

Tammy said...

I love that picture! it's so funny

Ms. said...

You are super woman!!! That is so awesome. I run a good 15 minute while --I guess it is called trotting then.