Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Too many toys!



I know the kids have too many toys when it takes them 5 hours to clean their room. Or does that mean they're just lazy. Probably both. Anyway, I am tired of going into the girls room and walking all over dress up clothes, princess clothes and accessories, princess dolls, jewelry, baby stuff, preschool stuff, purses, pom-poms, etc. The list goes on. Connor's room never gets that bad. Just cars and train stuff. Well, I've finally decided to take away many of the girls' toys. They can earn them back by cleaning up the toys that they do have. We have made charts to put stickers on and I've established rules on how they can earn those stickers.

Does this sound like a good method for teaching my kids to clean their rooms?

2 comments:

Merri Hackett said...

The girls room only looks like that after Kamrie has been over to play. :)

Amanda said...

Just found your blog, your kids are getting soo big!!
Check out my new blog, feel free to contribute:
http://dootell.blogspot.com
Here's my family blog too:
idahorands.blogspot.com