Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Birthday!


Unfortunately I hit the birthday I didn't want to hit. 30! It sounds so mature, but I am still so not! It turned out to be a fun weekend with a little family party. (Sorry brothers and sisters. Dave planned this little get together and forgot to call my siblings!) Anyway, I had a great time. My family is great. (Dave's family is included in that statement.) I opened presents, and we had cake and ice cream. It was a good low key party.

I have worried about this birhtday for a long time because it seems so old. Then a good friend of mine, Bekah, reminded me of all the wonderful things that have happened to me in my 30 years. And it's true. I've accomplished a lot in these 30 years. Many dreams have come true. And I have a beautiful family. I amy very lucky and blessed. Here's to the next 30 years! May they be as wonderful as the last!

4 comments:

The Chizel Family said...

Happy Birthday! Porter told me that it was your birthday, but I totally spaced it when I saw you to tell you.

Becca said...

Happy Birthday. I am glad you had a great birthday.

Merri Hackett said...

30 is SO the new 20!!! :) Happy Birthday!

Carrie said...

Happy birthday, you old lady! How can 30 be old if you'll live to be like 90 probably??? 30 is not old... loved that you said it sounded mature and that you aren't!!!