Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'm Back!

There are so many things I've missed this last month. Here are some pictures and a few highlights to catch ya'll up!
Dave celebrated his 29th birthday! He wanted another backpacking trip this year so that is what he is getting as well as the new Weezer cd. I'm not going to take the time to post 29 things about Dave, but here are a few: Everyone always comments that he looks like Owen Wilson or Shaggy. He loves anything outdoors: camping, fishing, hiking, backpacking, hunting, etc. His favorite sport is soccer and he plays it regularly. He is amazing at the piano. I can't wait until we can afford to buy one. Finally, he is the BEST husband, dad, and friend ever. We love him so much and feel so blessed that he is a part of our lives!

The kids had their first swimming lessons! They got to get new goggles and were very excited! Our neighbor Ellie took lessons with them so it was fun for them to ride together everyday. Our other neighbor Tynelle taught them and she did a great job. My kids were all a little hesitant at the beginning especially to get their face wet. But by the last day, they were jumping off the side and had a ball going down the water slide by themselves! Thanks Tynelle for making it so fun!

The Fourth was fun day! The night before, Dave went to a Real Salt Lake game with some friends where he watched fireworks and got Kyle Beckerman's autograph. He was very excited. Me and the kids watched the fireworks in Centerville with Grandma Burrahm. They loved them! On the Fourth, I started my morning early with my 5k. Didn't do as well as I'd hoped, but I beat my last 5k time by about 15 seconds. We watched the parade and the kids got loads of candy! We went over to the park where the kids got their faces painted and jumped on the blowup toys. They had a ball. Then we had a cookout with Dave's Grant cousins. It was fun to see and visit with all of them. We returned home that afternoon for a cookout with our neighbors and let off fireworks. It was a very fun day!
My tired 4th of July girl!

13 comments:

Lily said...

Good job on your run Karen :) Cute pictures of the kids!

The Chizel Family said...

you guys are too cute! We really need to get together!

Merri Hackett said...

Happy late b-day dave! And the pics are all super cute! good job at your race

Annie and Berkeley said...

Cute pictures! I love the swimming lesson picture with the goggles on. So cute.

Unknown said...

I miss not seeing the Grant family and their smiling faces on Sunday. Glad I can come here and get my fix.
Good job on both the post and the pics.

Laura

Tammy said...

glad to see you are back, we've been wondering. I love the pic of Brooke asleep on the couch. it cracks me up when they do that!

Becca said...

I love the update. So glad your computer is working again. love all the pictures.

Anonymous said...

What am I chopped liver? Did you forget that one of BF was at your house for a week?

Anonymous said...

happy late birthday. this is patricia from portugal.your kids are really cute. nice to see you and your family through this blog.

Mardi and Jeremey said...

Happy Birthday Dave! We went to that same game. It was a blast! Good job on beating your time. Now we need to plan hang outs because you aren't my visiting teacher anymore.

Jason said...

Hey guys, not sure if you check Kevin Jeffs blog from time to time or not, but things are not looking good for the old "Lowbar" or "Larbow"... please send this along to anyone that might know him, and keep him in prayers.

http://kevinandterajeffs.blogspot.com/2008/07/my-breaking-heart.html

Natalie and Nick Haigler said...

Karen, the triplets are growing up beautiful! Great job with them! How is everyone else? Just thought I would pop in and say hello!

Ms. said...

Yay for you that is AWESOME! I heard Dave cut his hair? Sounds like you guys have been having a lot of fun!